daily rant

Ok, so I made it through another birthday without completely jumping off the wagon :-)  I just dangled my feet over the side and wiggled my toes in the mass quantities of sugar we had around here.
(This also includes the wine drinking required for a teenage girls sleepover :-)

This morning I could not bring my self to get out of bed...It was a rough night!  We have the most sensitive and defective smoke detectors.  Just about every couple of months they just go off...loud obnoxious beeping at 1:30 in the morning...yes, it just does it for no reason, but we must still make sure that nothing is "really" on fire, we have a house full of kids and we live in Military housing (if you don't know, they are not built to the highest of standards)  This happened last night...back when we were Foster parents we could use these little episodes as a fire drill but now....it's just one more reason why I hate this house!

Sorry, didn't mean to go down that road...

The point is...I ended up out on my run in the blazing heat, AGAIN!  I am still trying to gain distance while picking up my pace.  Today, my phone (10K app) instructed me that I was going to run for 50 minutes doing 5min runs and 1 minute walks....These are a challenge for me.  I can handle 4-1 or the 3-1, but for some reason the 5-1 is HARD...after running for 5 minutes my legs don't want to transition.  I had hoped to get in 5 miles, I'll take the 4.73 (i had to walk the last 1/2 home).  It didn't help that within the first mile I lost my right ear bud (it shorted out)  then my left ear bud died around mile 3.  I guess it's time for some new headphones!

Now I am trying not to die...downed a glass of water, and recovery drink (which is blueberries, strawberries, spinach, 1/4 cup greek yogurt and 1 scoop of protein all blended with water).  I still have Cardio Recovery scheduled with Shaun T....I am telling you...this metabolism slowing....BITES!  10 years ago I could eat anything and everything I wanted at this level of activity...now I have to watch it and work my butt off :-(



Comments

Popular Posts