Road Trip

Ok, it's that time again, the need to go out and search the country by way of auto and highway. Now that we are in Texas, I am planning a trip of the southwest. With our oldest out of high school and our 14 year old going away most of the summer, a trip for just four seems fairly reasonable.  We would normally utilize the road trips to go north and see family, but as we have recently found that they really don't seem to ever make time for us so we are taking this chance to see a different part of the country.

We have a Toyota Prius which will keep our fuel to a min. I just have to figure how many days we will spend at each location, which depends really on how many days we have available to travel.

The plan is to see Grand Canyon, the Fiery Furnace, Monument Highway, Mount Rushmore, Carlsbad Caverns, Roswell,  Arches National Park, Taos Pueblos, and Mesa Verde. Obviously not in that order.

I know it looks like a lofty list of places to see but I am thinking that most of these sights won't take all day :) I would like to complete the travel in no more than 10 days (less if possible). It's just under 4,000 miles and approximately 65 hours of drive time, estimated $254.00 in gas (gotta love the prius)...two adults and two kiddos, sounds like FUN!

Comments

  1. That stinks about the family up north but I hope you guys have a blast!! Always stay positive and enjoy exploring! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I really want to go out and see more of the southwest...but maybe my man will get promoted and that we stall the road tripping with lifeinthewinivan :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts