Agenda~Planning~Ordering

Yesterday, I started our weekly meal planning.  It was kinda nice not being the one to figure out the menu for the week.  While I made the Eggplant Parmesan, I doubled it and placed the other in the freezer for a later date.  The eMeals seem to come together with ease and I love having the grocery list for the week printed out with the menu...great for a busy mom!

I also, managed to make some pickles :-)  I am excited to see how these turn out...6 more days until I can open the first jar.  I added onions to the last jar, who wouldn't love dill onion and pickles?

Tried out a detox water, ingredients are cucumber, lemon, mint leaves, and ginger.  I sliced a lemon and cucumber and split them between 2 quart jars.  Added 5-6 mint leaves and a dash or 2 of ginger, and filled with filtered water.  Placed in refrigerator overnight, ready to drink in the morning.
It's very refreshing on these hot Florida summers :-)






Ordered science curriculum for the year...Apologia of course.  It's the only curriculum I use for science, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the experiment kits that you can order for them.  Yes, all the required stuff can be found at any store....it's just sooo nice to have them all labeled and together for each experiment.

This year we are starting Marine Biology, I purchased the recorded lectures for this class (just to unload a bit of reading for me :)  Physical Science we already have so I just added the experiment kit, and lesson plans (because now I don't have to do it), and of course the lecture DVD, ah...yes...I am excited about these class lectures!


 I will let ya know how my girls like the lectures....my oldest is fine with reading (more like skimming) and the younger (not youngest), would much rather listen to the content...she loves audio books!

This year we are starting each of our subjects at different times.  Geography started last month for 7th grade along with Spanish.  Guitar started Monday in 11th grade along with Spanish.  September we are starting our Math (trying out teaching textbooks :) and Science.  Followed by History and Language in October, both are online courses (I am not disciplined when it comes to these subjects for some reason).  Bible to start as soon as I can afford it :-)  Since I have Hooked on phonics and math...that is what we are starting kindergarten with along with tons of readers (thank you F.R.)

Ballet, and art classes all resume in Sept.  Swim continues year round and Soccer only moved to the back burner long enough for our 16 year old to get her license (taking the test Thursday) because we are not able to drive her all the way over there 3 days a week all year!  We have taken Volleyball off the table...due to such a heavy commitment for the sport and games all over the west coast of Florida, gas is not getting any cheaper.

Busy, Busy....

Comments

  1. :) I have more now, easy readers and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emeals? Does it cost? Do you pick the recipes? I need a link!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the emeals off groupon. $29.00 for a year! You pick what kind of food you eat, ie. organic, clean, or vegan.... Some of the foods don't work well for us but most of them do:).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts