Pancake Emergency...I don't have any eggs :(

Life in the Winivan enjoy pancakes for breakfast at least once a week.  I will usually make a double batch and store half in the refrigerator so that I don't have to make them the next time.  I used to make them with Bisquick, and I still love those yummy pancakes....but I am trying to create more homemade and healthy recipes that my girls can take with them.


This morning my littles ones are asking for pancakes and I (of course) am out of eggs:(


After checking on some egg substitutes I found a recipe that I could change to fit our needs.  


1 cup whole wheat flour flour
1 cup rice flour
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 tbsp flax meal
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 cups yogurt strained whey milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup butter




pour onto heated (medium), oiled skillet.  Wait for bubbles to appear and edges to become dry then flip.  Pancakes should be a nice golden brown.
I served them with pure maple syrup.  A fruit topping would have been yummy, as well.
"more please"  She had 3 plates!
"these are yummy pancakes, it's like a miracle"



Note:  I use whey from my yogurt straining in almost all recipes that ask for milk.... with that said, if you don't have whey milk you can just use milk :)  I did think these "felt" oily...I may use less vegetable oil and add applesauce next time.  I also like to add chocolate chips to pancakes just before flipping them over, this is how my 11 year old prefers to have hers :-)  

Comments

Popular Posts