Wasted Quinoa Flour :(

I know that not every recipe you find is going to be all it's cracked up to be....and yet I find myself VERY upset about the Quinoa Tortilla Debacle...what a mess!

It really was just too good to be true.  With a tortilla press, it may work....but since I don't possess a press...I must roll each of my tortillas out.  The recipe I used left the mix very much like moon sand...every time I tried to get it off the counter or board (i tried both)  it just peeled off in about 5 pieces...ugghh!  Quinoa flour is not cheap, actually I consider fairly expensive.

Now here it is after 4pm on Sunday and I can't put our chicken taquitos together because I have exhausted my pantry of the essential ingredients in even my regular flour tortilla (which are very simple and quite tasty).  Now that I don't have time to start completely over, my husband is at the store purchasing some whole wheat tortilla, which I am sure are filled with tons extra ingredients :(  Lesson learned...I should have done a test run!

At least, my Spanish black beans and rice is spot on :-)

Comments

Popular Posts