Spicy Pickles

Oh-me-oh-my....These pickles turned out sooooo YUMMMYYYY!  You can't just take one :-) 


1 1/2 cup water; 3/4 cup organic apple cider vinegar; 1 tablespoon canning salt. Bring to a boil.

In a jar place fresh dill, 

a couple whole garlic cloves, 
and a couple jalepenos.  

I also add onion, because I love the flavor. 
Note:   If you use a red onion it will change the color of the pickle juice.  

Then I add my cucumber (sliced into 4ths), although next time I am going to leave them whole :) 

Once I have the jar thoroughly stuffed....I pour the brine (water, vinegar, salt) over, leaving about 1/2 inch pace a top of jar.  

Place lid on, put jar into water bath...bring to a boil for about 10 minutes and then shut heat off allowing to cool until I can safely reach in with my hand a remove jars.  

Store in cool, dry area and ready to eat in about 7-10 days.  The bigger the pickle size the longer they need to hang out in that cool dry place.  I learned this after opening a jar prematurely.....they still tasted good...just more like a spicey half sour!

Comments

Popular Posts