Spanish Black Rice



Black Spanish Rice

1 cup black rice mixed with 3 cup chicken broth, cook until liquid is absorbed.

In a large skillet, add rice with 2 tbsp of olive oil, and sauté with onion (small onion, chopped)

Add a dash of oregano, garlic, and salt (add to taste, I never measure :)

Pour in a can of Petite diced tomatoes and add 1/2 cup frozen corn.

Sprinkle with taco seasoning (we make our own)

When liquid is absorbed, add some fresh cilantro (again to taste)

I love black rice...therefore I am always looking for great and tasty ways to serve it.
This is a combination i mixed up to serve with chicken enchiladas.  It was so yummy, that I couldn't keep my spoon out of it :-)

Sorry if the directions are hard to follow...I am not very good at measuring things, sometimes.  It's just more fun to splash, dash, and pinch!

A chopped jalapeno would go very nicely in this.




Comments

Popular Posts