Test Kitchen

19 days...
Today...I tried a couple of recipes out for the trip....Not sure about pineapple, nuts wraps? I think I am going to have to tweak them for the little ones to eat.

The Anzac bisquits are WONDERFUL, those Australians know a thing or two about travel food, YUMMY! I might try another version of them by adding some raisins or something, maybe even some cocoa...just for variety. If you ever make them, the sugar, butter mixture really needs to simmer a full 2 minutes, just saying :}

I am thinking that we will not want to stop so much on the way home, ecspecially since I have to work right when we return. So, I am planning for just 1 major stop to visit Manassas National Battlefield about 7 hours into the trip! Other than that I think we will just frequent rest areas for leg strectching and eating. I am so loving the I-95 exit guide...so much information!

Not sure if I am going to try and squeeze another stop in on the way up yet. Might just pick a couple optional ideals and see how we feel while traveling, it really just depends on how well the little ones travel. On that note...you should know, we have NO intentions of taking Remmi...he doesn't make it 5 minutes in the van before he either: a. poops, b. screams, or c. screams even louder and poops. Not good!

I should mention that I am so not the kind of person who sits, plans, and lists everything down to the last detail, yet I am afraid that if I don't we are going to be miserable for this LONG drive. It is costing us lots of money and we really must stay on budget. So this whole list thing, completely new and foreign to me and this morning I thought I had lost all my stuff...aaagggghhh, this is why I don't make lists!
Spontaneity to be placed on hold for budgeting reasons :)

Comments

Popular Posts