Day One-planning

21 Days until we leave for our adventure up the east coast :-)

Today, I tried to plan for a couple stops to stretch our legs, eat, and take some great photos!

Approximate mileage for trip is 1281: Hours 22 1/2 (driving straight through). Initially, I wanted to leave our house after lunch, giving us time to relax and load prior to the drive. After, planning our first stop (historic) I have decided we are going to be leaving after breakfast. First stop (besides gas and potty) will be in St. Simmons Island, GA. For a historic walk tour of Fort Fredrica....and a picnic lunch.

Once back on the road I am hoping we can get to the NC welcome center (another 5 hours) for dinner. They have grills :) great oppurtunity for a hot meal before tucking the wee ones in for the night...the long, long night!

Not sure how far we will make it driving without stopping for a couple hours to close our eyes? I did find that the I-95 guide gives info on rest areas and time allowed for parking! Who knew such things where out there.....

Comments

Popular Posts