Menu Planning for roadtrip ~ Done ;)

Today I tested another recipe for the ride....Yes..I know...I seem obsessive....
Keep in mind a family of 6, (tots and teens) in a minivan, for 32-34 hours!  Seems like prep work is the key to success...
The food we take must be ready to serve, work as a meal, be tidy enough to eat on the go with tots, and should be yummy!  We are not the type to pack potato chips and candy bars, needs to be healthy.  I should rephrase...I am not the type to allow potato chips and candy bars :) 

I found a great pack of biodegradable silverware, cups, plates, napkins and serving bowl all together in a nice little pack.  Picked up a charcoal alternative Flame Disk (hurricane season started) for our cook out in NC, I am excited to see how well that works. 

Our Fruit list:  Apples, Bananas, Berries
Vegetable list:  Carrots, Celery, Bell Peppers, Cherry Tomato's, sliced Cucumbers
Snacks:  Granola Bars, Anzac biscuits, and Trail mix or snack mix (will be trying the one Christy sent me on FB)?  Chunks of Cheese, Gold Fish
Drinks:  Water and Milk for little one
"Fast Food" meal alternatives:  Corn Dog Muffins, Vegetable Cupcakes

I will be making and packing hamburgers to cook out for our hot meal, served with potato salad or maybe a Green salad? 

This should be plenty of food for snacking and 2 lunches on the go.

Now the food is planned, and the route is planned, it's on to what are we going to where?  There are 5 girls, limited space, and no washer and dryer at the cabin.  Can you say SPACE BAGS!

Comments

Popular Posts