Virus

How long is this going to continue?

Our 3 year old has been ill for a week now.  It started with a little diarrhea, no other symptoms, followed by a day of great energy and wellness.  Then we had 2 days of 102 fever with vomiting...no eating and barely keeping water down, just try and get ibuprofen or Tylenol to help when they just give everything right back 5 minutes after you gave it :(

For 2 days she laid on the couch....telling me how bad she feels.  "Mommy, I am on fire.  My hair is burning.  My face hurts. I am freezing. I am so cold.  I am going to throw up."  She even had some moments of urinating on me because she couldn't get herself to the potty!  We tried to get her into the Dr. only to be recommended to the urgent care, where we sat for 2 hours :| waiting....in urine and vomit....at 2 hours...I just left unable to take anymore.

We made it through this portion with tepid bath, cool washcloths and a metric butt ton of Lavender and Peppermint oil mixed in coconut oil.  I'd just rub the lavender behind her ears and neck and the peppermint on her back.  She didn't mind the Lavender, but was not so sure about the cooling effect of the peppermint...but we managed to get her temp down enough that she would atleast try to eat.

We thought the virus had run it's course....another day of back to normal...Only yesterday she awoke with another temp, only now it's low grade....and again she woke me at 4:00 this am with another low grade temp.  Maybe it's more than a virus?  Gonna have to take her to the Dr.  I hate it....but more than anything...we need some sleep in this house.

Comments

Popular Posts