Yogurt making adventure

I did it....I really made my own yogurt, that is edible :)

Simple enough...

Pour a half gallon of milk into your crock on low heat for 2.5 hours


then unplug and leave alone for 3 hours....no need to remove lid or stir! Just Unplug it!!!!


after 3 hours, stir in 1/2 cup of starter, replace lid,  cover crock with a towel and wait until morning (8-12 hours).

I used fat free milk and added a package of gelatin to help thicken, it was still too runny for the folks in my house.

It tastes great!  I have been using this version for our morning protein smoothies.

I am about to begin my next batch using whole milk, hoping for results that I can use to feed my children :)

Cost was $1.64 for milk and $.75 for yogurt starter (make sure to purchase plain yogurt with no fancy ingredients, just grade a cultured milk with live and active cultures) once you start making your own, you'll no longer need the store bought starter.

Comments

Popular Posts