Sugar Scrub

This is one of my absolute favorite things to make and use...

It is so easy and inexpensive :) (two of my favorite things)

It's a sugar scrub that you can use in the shower, after shaving your legs or to soften skin and moisturize. I will shave and then shut the water off, sit in the bottom of my shower and scrub my body down with the sugar scrub...
Then I just rinse with warm water...

I don't even have to put on lotion when I use this scrub, saving time!

The best thing about it is you can add any essential oil that you want to change the therapeutic effect.
I like lemon and lavender, but must use caution when using lemon oil in the summer, as it does cause sensitivity in the sun light. Another favorite is peppermint, with it's fresh scent and cooling effect :)

So here's how you make it!




I start with a cheap white sugar, you can use whatever kind you prefer, this works great and the granules are not too scratchy.

Coconut oil

about 10 drops (give or take) of essential oil









Pour the sugar into a mason jar with a wide mouth, so that you can get your hand into it. I fill it about 3/4 of the way.

Add in essential oil of choice.

Pour in coconut oil

I like to melt mine so that it pours and mixes easy.  Just setting the jar in a bowl of warm water will liquefy it.

Then mix...adding more oil and sugar until it is the consistency of a thick paste. You do not want this to be a liquid :)Then stir...adding oil and more sugar until it is the consistency you want.


Showers will never be the same again :)

Comments

Popular Posts