Essential oils for PMS

Oh, I know that I am not alone in the monthly overdose my kidneys endure as I battle the discomfort of PMS. I have always rationalized my abuse of the dosage through abstaining from these medications throughout the rest of the month allowing for my body to function normally...I know, this is just my way of justifying the abuse of OTC meds each month.
Last month I decided (after watching my daughters following in my foot steps of taking too much Ibuprofen) I decided to take less Motrin and use essential oils to alleviate the pain.

My girls are not crazy about the smell, but got over it fairly fast once they realized it worked...and it does. Last month I made it through with only taking a couple of the ibuprofen instead of 3-4 capsule every 5-6 hours (which is an extremely large dose over two days). 
So this month, I noticed that my daughter went right for the Clary sage blend...this...makes me happy! She would not use it, if it didn't help!

Here is what I blended with fractionated coconut oil in a vial with a roller ball for quick application on the abdomen. 

  • two pipettes of Clary Sage, 
  • 5-6drops of Geranium,
  • 5-6 drops of Ylang-ylang. 

This filled my vial about halfway and I filled the rest with the 

  • fractionated coconut oil.


Clary sage oil can promote the release of dopamine in the brain and, therefore, help lift your mood. It also modulates the level of estrogen in the body. 

Geranium oil influences the release of adrenal hormones and also reduces fluctuations in hormone levels.

Ylang-Ylang oil  is used to reduce high blood pressure and excessive sebum production. Therefore, it can help calm women suffering from PMS as well as relieve PMS-related skin diseases especially acne.

Comments

Popular Posts