Tilapia over cilantro lime rice with Jicama Slaw

Yup, the kids want chicken pot pie for dinner tonight :(

I would like to continue with the decline of these 10+ pounds I have gained thanks to our most recent transition to Texas.

I have some frozen tilapia in the freezer that I have been wanting to eat, only my husband and I are the only two that will. So instead of loading up on the high carb pot pie....I am trying something new!

Tilapia
I plan to season with salt and pepper and bake :)
Simple

I found a Martha Stewart recipe for the

Cilantro, Lime rice


   1 cup long-grain white rice
   Coarse salt
   1/2 cup fresh cilantro
   2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
   1 tablespoon olive oil
   1 garlic clove

Cook rice, while blending other ingredients in food processor. Pour sauce over rice....
again simple

Now have you ever heard of Jicama? I have not, at least not until 10 minutes ago. After reading about this sweet root veggie, I am excited to give this recipe a try from http://food-bully.com/post/8176439370/tilapia-with-cilantro-lime-rice-and-jicama-slaw

Jicama Slaw-
1/2 of one medium sized jicama, 
thinly julienned
1- diced jalapeno seeded 
1- tomato, diced
2 T of cilantro, minced
1- lime, juiced
Salt
Remove the brown skin from the jicama with a potato peeler or a pairing knife.
Julienne the jicama into strips. Combine the diced jicama, jalapeno, tomato, and cilantro in a bowl. Add the lime juice and salt, mix the salad until the ingredients are evenly distributed.


I am only using the slaw recipe since the MS recipe sounds soooo good, and I am very simple with seasoning and would prefer not to use garlic, I find salt and pepper to be enough.

Comments

Popular Posts