Butter

I have read how easy it is to make butter, but have never actually attempted to do this, until.....now!

I don't like to waste, saving the milk for some ranch dressing.
Easy, it is...
My 12 year old and I whipped up some butter in about 15 minutes using one ingredient and a stand mixer.

Heavy cream that was left over in our fridge after making some whipped topping last night.

Just pour it in the mixer and turn on, I used high speed...and stood watching as the cream changed to light and fluffy to thick and chunky splashing butter milk everywhere (a good sign that you are done :) and ready to rinse.

The butter needs to have any remaining milk removed to keep fresh longer...I just squeezed in my hands under cold water until run off is clear.




The results....Butter, fresh and ready to eat!

I know that I am easily entertained, but this was so fun to do. I am not sure if it's cheaper than just buying, but I will likely do this again.


Comments

Popular Posts