School is starting....time for a road trip!

Nothing like squeezing in a road trip as school begins...late in the week between a couple of 12 hours shifts....this is after all why I became a nurse and home school our children...flexibility to travel when we want and can :)

This trip serves many purposes...take the younger girls for a week at the grandparents and to spend some alone time with the teen while enjoying a little nature and exercise. I am hoping that this is the first year of a tradition for my younger girls. This is a great chance for them to really get to know each other and have some fun, without mom and dad telling them no or to behave all day long. It is something that I had always wanted as a little girl, and it warms my heart thinking that I have a opportunity to have my girls grow up with family!

I am so excited.....

We have 3 days, for this round trip adventure! Traveling with me, E (16 year old), H (9 year old), and C (7 year old). Driving the Prius to save on gas $$$$

The plan is to leave early on Thursday, praying that I don't get called in to work today, because I need to plan, shop, and pack. Working 12 hours shifts Tuesday and Wednesday. Leaving early Thursday morning (approx. 5:30-6:00).

My goal is no fast food for this leg, so I really need to do some food prep.

We are stopping at Chimney Rock state park in North Carolina for a small hike to stretch the legs and eat an early lunch, then its on to grandmothers house we go. Only stopping for restroom breaks and gas.

We will spend Friday in Ohio visiting with my folks and enjoying some yummy Chinese food at the House of Hunan in Marion, Ohio :)

Leaving early Saturday morning (0530).  For this leg of the trip I plan to stop for a meal. We will be stopping at Babcock State Park in West Virginia for a hike. It's a little of our path, but I am really excited to spend this time alone with my gal. It's so hard in a family that is as big and busy as ours to spend quality time ALONE.
Besides stopping to eat, the rest of our journey will be spent traveling home...I am going to be searching Audible for a book to listen to that both my daughter and I will enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts