Yummy Rollatini

I have found myself excited about this new found obsession of hammering chicken into thin cutlets and stuffing with goodies before I coat them with a layer of breadcrumbs.  

I know it sounds...well...crazy...followed by....what a mess and a whole lotta work!

I can assure you that, yes it can be messy, but it is not difficult or time consuming at all!!!!

Let me start with the history of this master piece as it can to be a part of our weekly menu.

I love chicken...BBQ, Fried, baked, chopped, grilled, whatever....I am a fan.  My four daughters feel as I do...that chicken is the only meat you truly NEED :-)  My husband, not so much!  Actually, he really has a fond dislike of it :(  After 18 years of marriage I have finally found a way for us all to enjoy this family staple.

I stumbled upon a website, probably via pinterest, with a recipe for chicken, spinach rollatini.  I wasn't confident, it looked overwhelming for the novice cook that I am.  Not to mention that I had a bad history with attempts at similar type meal....some very bad chicken Parmesan (I made a vow to my family, that I'd never attempt such a feat, again....in the name of our taste buds)

So you can only imagine the horror on my families face when they realized what I was preparing for dinner.  I assured them that this was a new experience and that I have matured in the ways of the kitchen :-)

Once dinner arrived and Grace was said...we ate...no gagging, no spitting it out!  It was delicious!  It was so yummy that I included another version the following week.  I am looking forward to my next chicken rollatini....what am I going to stuff it with this week?

If you are curious about the recipes you can find them on www.skinnytaste.com or simply google chicken spinach rollatini.  Last week we had the prosciutto with mozzarella (I didn't have any provolone) it was also wonderful.

I will take pictures next time I make it.

Comments

Popular Posts